MEGA obsessed with these little bites #drooling
They are great alone as an afternoon snack, but they also work as a bomb addition to any meal! Throw them in a wrap, sandwhich, salad, pasta, the possibilities are endless!
Prep time: 5min Cook time: 30min
- Handful of whatever carrots you have, thinly & evenly sliced
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Maple syrup (I ended up adding a little extra bc it was REAL good)
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil/ nonstick spray
- 2 teaspoons Liquid smoke
- Pinch of Smoked Paprika
- Kissed with some Himalayan Salt #Smooches
- Preheat your oven to 375F
- Slice carrots into even thin strips– I used my food processor, but a mandolin, or peeler would work, just make sure they are pretty uniform so they cook evenly
- Prep a baking sheet
- In a small bowl or container, whisk together soy sauce, ACV, maple syrup, coconut oil, and liquid smoke.
- Place carrots and mixture in small container, cover with a lid, and shake to combine
- Let carrots soak in mix for about 10 minutes, then spread on baking sheet and sprinkle with a little smoked paprika and salt
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, flip each slice and pop the tray back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Keep checking every couple of minutes during this second baking time.
- Remove from oven once you are happy with the texture of bacon; If you want them crispier turn oven to about 330 and bake slices for another 10 minutes or so–It might take more or less time depending on how thick or thin you sliced your carrots.
- You’ll know your carrot bacon is done when the edges are crispy and the center of each slice looks dry.
- Let cool to room temperature before you devour these bad mama-jamas! If you end up some how not eating it all, stor in air tight container in fridge!